Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why starting a blog aint easy

I have been thinking of starting a blog since a long time now but laziness always got the better of me. Finally, I decided 2008 is gonna be the year for the launch of my blog and so, I kick started the process by signing up at blogger.com. While filling in the details the system asked me for the name of the blog and this is where I got stuck again. I hadnt thought of any name for my blog :-( !So, I went looking for help from the most helpful source in the world-Google. I googled in "How to name a blog" and I got http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2004/12/21/what-do-you-call-your-blog/. According to the info here "blog" was the most commonly used word in a blog(phew!) followed by other words like life,weblog, world,from,thoughts etc. I thought I will try to give a different name to my blog, a name that should be crappy :-). I thought of various names such as Rava Masala Dosa,Much Ado about Nothing,Triple Schezwan Fried Rice,Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop, Laziness is Life and Asta La Vista I love Pasta. As you can see most of my names were food related and that pretty much also shows the thing I love the most in life. Anyway, that's a different topic altogether so I 'll leave it at that. I sent these names to 4 of my friends here with whom I interact daily and 2 of them said that "Na Champa Na Chameli" was the most suitable name for my blog! The 3rd friend liked Triple Schezwan and Asta La Vista and came up with some great names like Phata Poster Nikla Hero(from the movie Hero Hiralal) and Sooraj-Aditya-Johar-Bhansali(from the movie Love ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega). The 4th one -my colleague here liked "Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop" the most and also added that it was apt for me considering the time I was spending on naming a blog :). After taking into account all of this I decided on Triple Schezwan Fried Rice. There's no particular reason for this. It's just that of all the names I had/heard I liked this one the most. Now that I have decided on the name it's time to think of a post for the blog. I dont know how much time that will take :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well uve already picked Triple Schezwan Fried Rice.. but i still vote for Na Champa Na Chameli :D But Congrats!! u kept up ur resolution! :)

Parmod said...

oh... you have 1 comment already :D congrats!!

well, thanks for giving us credit for suggesting "Na Champa Na Chameli" :P

anyways, keep blogging :)

Unknown said...

Hey nice blog, keep it up or down or sideways or whatever :p

Quest said...

I love Triple Scezwan Fried Rice :)

Do provide more feeds! :D

reshu said...

Great to see a food buff having a blog. Hope your eating gives you sufficient time to write and vice versa :)

Way to go sir ....